“The brethren of the Order, “commissioned entirely for spreading abroad the word of God”, fulfil their vocation primarily by preaching. The sisters of our Congregation are called to participate in the Order’s task of evangelisation for their listen to the word, celebrate it and keep it in their hearts (Cf Lk 2:18), and in this way proclaim the Gospel of God by the example of their lives and the various ministries to which they are assigned.”
Constitutions of the Dominican Sisters of St Joseph
In the heart of the Church and at the service and under the authority of our local Bishop, our apostolate, carried out in community, is to proclaim the truth of the Catholic Faith to all peoples.
Our work includes:
- Retreats for groups, either in the priory or away, leading adults, young people and children to discover Christ and deepen their knowledge and love for God and his Church through teaching and prayer
- Retreats for individuals who come to spend time in our priory
- Summer camps and youth retreats, either in the priory or away. These come under the Fanning the Flame Catholic Mission.
- After-school Catholic Christian clubs in primary schools
- Giving talks in parishes, church groups, conferences, youth events, and schools
- Catechetical work for adults and children
- Training of catechists
- Theological, philosophical and catechetical formation of lay adults in our collaboration with Maryvale Institute, Birmingham, UK
In addition to the above, our bishop Philip Egan has asked us to be are part of the Formation for Mission team, led by our own Sr. Hyacinthe, which is responsible for Catechetical formation, preparation to the Sacraments, Children’s liturgy, Adult formation, RCIA, Higher Education Programmes, Courses and Events.
Need to Book a Sister?
Have questions about our Apostolate?